In-transit permits

If your looking for an in-transit, we can help you at Grimshaw Registry.

You will need current Alberta Insurance to cover the 3-7 day maximum time limit.

In transits are only good from point A to point B. They are not a registration for your vehicle. They are good for a minimum of 3 days to a maximum of 7 days. Here is a list of allowable time periods.

-Unregistered vehicles staying in Alberta are a 3-day maximum, coming from out of province or going to a town out province is a maximum of 7 days.

-7 day maximum for towed vehicles.

-Going to a mechanic shop is a maximum of 7 days.

-Salvage vehicles only have a 24-hour time limit.